Mutton Biryani Recipe / Mutton Dum Biryani / Eid Special Dum Biryani / Muslim Style Biryani / My Style Biryani / Shameema’s Biryani
Mutton Biryani Recipe is an ideal popular main dish that nobody can resist. Mutton Biryani tastes delicious and can be made very easily at home. Whether if you are looking for a main ideal dish for a dinner party or any special occasion, a hearty mutton biryani that will amaze your guests! This easy Mutton Biryani goes well with a raita or spicy salon. Here I have given easy step by step procedure and video as follows to make this easy mutton biryani recipe.
Here are some more Biryani recipes, that you can try for your special occasions
– Mushroom Biryani, Hyderabadi Egg Dum Biryani, Hyderabadi Fish Biryani, Chicken Biryani.
Oil: 250 ml
Ghee: 3 tbsp
Cinamon: 4 inches
Clove: 7 nos
Star anise: 2 nos
Cardamom: 2 nos
Onion: 400 grams
Green Chilli- 5 nos
Tomato – 500 grams
Ginger Garlic Paste – 250 grams
Mutton – 1 1/2 kg
Mint – 1 cup
Coriander- 1 1/2 cup
Chilli Powder – 2 tbsp
Homemade Biryani Masala – 2 tbsp
Curd – 300 grams
Lemon – 2 nos
Medium Grain Basmati Rice – 1 1/2 kg
Salt – as required
[How to Cook Mutton Biryani Recipe]
- In a large vessel, add oil and ghee.
- Once it is hot, add the whole spices and pop it.
- Add onion and green chilli and saute it till golden brown.
- Add tomato, coriander and mint leaves and salt. Saute it well.
- Add ginger, garlic paste and saute well till raw smell goes.
- Add nice tender meat and mix well with the masala.
- Cook on medium heat. Keep stirring to avoid burning.
- Once the mutton becomes tender, add spices(Chilli powder and homemade biryani masala), curd, and cook it for 8 to 10 mins.
- Add water and bring it to boil.
- Add soaked rice and give it a mix gently.
- Add lemon and cook it on medium flame.
- Once the water is dissolved, mix the rice gently and let it dum for 20 mins.
- Dum 5 mins on high flame and 15 mins on low flame.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot with raita or Mirchi ka salon.