This spicy chicken curry is a really good recipe from south India. An easy dish to make and tastes really good. This dish goes well with chapati, basmati rice, roti, etc.
Recipe Type: Gravy / Curry / Kulambu
Preparation and Cooking Time: 40 mins
Serving Size: 4 Servings
Cooking Skill: Medium
Oil – 2tbsp
Clove – 4 nos
Cardamom – 2 nos
Cinnamon – 3 inches
Fennel Seeds – 10gms
Chili – 2 nos
Onion – 1 large
Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Tomato – 2 nos
Chicken – 500gms
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Chili powder – 1 & 1/2 tbsp
Coriander powder – 2 tbsp
Water – 1 cup
Coconut poppy seeds paste – 1 cup
Coriander & Curry leaves
Salt as required
- Heat the Kadai and add in whole spices and chili.
- Add onions and cook till it turns brown color (add salt).
- Add ginger-garlic paste and cook for 2 mins.
- Add tomatoes and cook till it is softened
- Add in turmeric, chili and coriander powder and miss well.
- Add chicken and stir well
- Cover the lid and cook for 5 to 10 mins on high flame.
- Add water, salt and cook for 15 mins on low flame.
- Now add coconut poppy seed paste and let it cook for 5 mins max.
- Add curry leaves and coriander.
- Turn off the flame and serve
Following images shows the step by step cooking of Chicken Chukka recipe
#chickenkulambu #chickencurryrecipe #shaskitchen #chickengravy #chickenmasala