Fish Biryani Recipe – Biryani is most commonly made with chicken and mutton. One fine Sunday, I made this Fish Biryani and I was surprised at how tasteful it turned out. If you choose to cook something quick yet delicious, this Fish Biryani Recipe is one of those that fits perfectly.
Like Mutton or Chicken, fish doesn’t take much time for marination, and also it gets cooked quickly. This Fish Biryani is a great start and you’re going to love how well the fish blends with the flavorful spices. Ah, Fish Biryani’s aroma is so divine it makes everyone drool in our home! Making Fish Biryani this way will become your favorite Fish Biryani Recipe immediately. I have clearly explained how to make Fish Biryani Recipe quick and tasty.
Seer Fish – 500 grams
Chili Powder – 1 tbsp
Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – ½ tsp
Salt – as required
Oil – 2 tsp
[FOR FISH BIRYANI]
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Bay leaves –2 Nos.
Cinnamon – 2 inches
Cardomom – 2 Nos.
Marathi Moggu – 1 No
Clove – 4 Nos.
Star Anise – 1 No
Green Chilli – 3 Nos.
Onions – 2 big sized
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Tomato – 2 nos
Chilli Powder – ½ tbsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
Mint – 1 small bunch
Coriander – 1 small bunch
Coconut milk – 2 cups (diluted)
Basmati Rice – 2 cups
Salt – to taste
How to make Fish Biryani Recipe:
Take fresh Seer Fish and cut into big chunks. Marinate it with spices(Chilli powder, Turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, and salt) and refrigerate it for about 30 mins.
Fish Biryani Recipe:
- Add ghee and oil. Saute the whole spices(Cinnamon, Cardomom, Bay leaves, Star Anise, Cardomom, Cloves, Marathi Moggu) and green chili.
- Add onions and sauté till the onion turns brown. Add ginger-garlic paste and cook till raw smell goes.
- Now add tomatoes and cook till tomato turns mashy.
- Add spices (Chilli powder, Coriander powder), mint, coriander, and salt, and sauté well.
- Now add the marinated Fish and gently mix till the masala coats evenly. Make sure you do not break the fish pieces.
- Add soaked Basmati Rice and diluted coconut water. Mix gently.
- Close the lid and cook till water dissolves. Once it is done, dum it for 10 mins on low flame.
- Switch off the flame. Delicious Fish Biryani is ready. Serve hot with raita or Brinjal curry.