Ghee – 4 to 5 tbsp
Grated Carrot – 250 grams(1 cup)
Boiled Milk – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Cardomom – pinch
Saffron – pinch
Nuts – 2 tbsp
How to Prepare Carrot Halwa / Gajar Ka Halwa:
- In pan heat ghee.
- Add grated Carrot and saute 10 minutes on medium flame, till the Carrot, is half cooked. Do not burn.
- Add boiled milk and cook till the milk is evaporated.
- Add sugar according to your taste and stir well on high flame. Cook till moisture is evaporated. Keep stirring till the sugar caramelizes.
- Add ghee and give a quick mix. Saute till ghee separates. Add crushed Cardamom and Saffron.
- Add Almonds & pistachios as you choose.
- Turn off the stove. Your Carrot Halwa(Gajar Halwa) is ready, you can serve hot/warm.